I think you’ll agree with me when I say:
It’s REALLY hard to find a high paying job in this artificial intelligence age.
Well, it turns out, you can dramatically increase your salary if you are involved in some technology areas.
In fact, working in these areas has helped my friends increase their wages by more than 200%.
This article describes the most competitive technologies now and in the future.
Let’s dive right in:
- TECH #1: Biotechnology
- TECH #2: Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning technology
- TECH #3: Position, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) technology
- TECH #4: Microprocessor technology
- TECH #5: Advanced computing technology
- TECH #6: Data analytics technology
- TECH #7: Quantum information and sensing technology
- TECH #8: Logistics technology
- TECH #9: Additive manufacturing
- TECH #10: Robotics
- TECH #11: Brain-computer interfaces
- TECH #12: Hypersonics
- TECH #13: Advanced Materials
- TECH #14: Advanced surveillance technologies
Yup, that’s a grand total of 14 categories. And fortunately, each category has some subdivisions.1
There are many opportunities here.
Last up, here we only cover the field of science and technology.
Employers want their products to be more VALUABLE.
And if you can’t effectively deliver high value technology their looking for, they are going to lower your salary or even worse, fire you.
TECH #1: Biotechnology
- (i) Nanobiology;
- (ii) Synthetic biology;
- (iv) Genomic and genetic engineering; or
- (v) Neurotech.
TECH #2: Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning technology
- (i) Neural networks and deep learning (e.g., brain modelling, time series prediction, classification);
- (ii) Evolution and genetic computation (e.g., genetic algorithms, genetic programming);
- (iii) Reinforcement learning;
- (iv) Computer vision (e.g., object recognition, image understanding);
- (v) Expert systems (e.g., decision support systems, teaching systems);
- (vi) Speech and audio processing (e.g., speech recognition and production);
- (vii) Natural language processing (e.g., machine translation);
- (viii) Planning (e.g., scheduling, game playing);
- (ix) Audio and video manipulation technologies (e.g., voice cloning, deepfakes);
- (x) AI cloud technologies; or
- (xi) AI chipsets.
TECH #3: Position, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) technology
TECH #4: Microprocessor technology
- (i) Systems-on-Chip (SoC); or
- (ii) Stacked Memory on Chip.
TECH #5: Advanced computing technology
- (i) Memory-centric logic
TECH #6: Data analytics technology
- (i) Visualization;
- (ii) Automated analysis algorithms; or
- (iii) Context-aware computing.
TECH #7: Quantum information and sensing technology
- (i) Quantum computing;
- (ii) Quantum encryption; or
- (iii) Quantum sensing.
TECH #8: Logistics technology
- (i) Mobile electric power;
- (ii) Modeling and simulation;
- (iii) Total asset visibility; or
- (iv) Distribution-based Logistics Systems (DBLS).
TECH #9: Additive manufacturing
- 3D printing, etc.
TECH #10: Robotics
- (i) Micro-drone and micro-robotic systems;
- (ii) Swarming technology;
- (iii) Self-assembling robots;
- (iv) Molecular robotics;
- (v) Robot compliers; or
- (vi) Smart Dust.
TECH #11: Brain-computer interfaces
- (i) Neural-controlled interfaces;
- (ii) Mind-machine interfaces;
- (iii) Direct neural interfaces; or
- (iv) Brain-machine interfaces.
TECH #12: Hypersonics
- (i) Flight control algorithms;
- (ii) Propulsion technologies;
- (iii) Thermal protection systems; or
- (iv) Specialized materials (for structures, sensors, etc.).
TECH #13: Advanced Materials
- (i) Adaptive camouflage;
- (ii) Functional textiles (e.g., advanced fiber and fabric technology); or
- (iii) Biomaterials.
TECH #14: Advanced surveillance technologies
- Faceprint and voiceprint technologies.
Now It’s Your Turn
Now I’d like to turn it over to you:
What’s the #1 technology from this post that you want to try first?
Are you going to start a side project of AI in your leisure time? Or maybe you’re going to increase your salary through data analysis skills.
Or maybe you have a question about something you read.
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below right now.